Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Judge forms, Paper

Filled out some forms Mr. Correa sent for the thesis judge information. (I have two confirmed judges!)
We received report cards.
Banquet pics are due April 1st, induction ceremonies are March 31st.
I worked a bit more on the paper today. Where I left off this weekend was the ideas in one of my TED talks that discussed encrypted voting ballots that were compatible with IRV. I am going to transition into voter knowledge somehow...
Since the paper is now at 5 pages single spaced I worked a little on the works cited page (basically I have the sources marked but haven't put them in MLA format yet so that's what I'm doing right now.
I still have the campaign advertising part of my outline in an indefinite position, as I'm not sure where to discuss it in the paper or how. Obviously, ads with incorrect information in them are a problem but limiting them effects free speech. I hope to counter wrong information because I'm not sure if it's legal to eliminate.

Update: I have transitioned into voter information using the topic of technology. I have also used the poll regarding perception of Obama's religious beliefs and how this changes the way people vote. I will be looking for more statistics regarding voter misinformation.
I hope to add to Pia Mancini's app from a previous TED talk. Her development of democracyos would also need to post "translated" presidential debates with a fact-check.
I have went on to provisional voting and same day registration.
ALSO I HIT PAGE SIX!!!

To-do:
See what has happened in the time since the TED talk
Find that last banquet pic...
Get induction stuff together for Mu Alpha Theta

No comments:

Post a Comment