Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Technology Issues

Well I was working on the outline for the bill but unfortunately it turns out yesterday someone broke my laptop screen while I was at school. So until that gets fixed I probably will have to do most of my thesis stuff in class and before school. I am finishing the outline for the bill and will probably start writing soon.

Notes on American territories:
More than 4 million people live in American territories, 98.4% of these are racial or ethnic minorities.
Puerto Rico has more U.S. citizens than 21 states but its residents still cannot vote.
Navy and Air Force bases occupy nearly 27% of Guam's land, yet its residents cannot vote either.
Additionally, 1 in 8 Guamanians are veterans. Guam holds a straw poll every election year and its turnout of registered voters (67%) is higher than that of the overall U.S. turnout (61.8%)
Despite American Samoa's status as the top U.S. Army recruiting station, American Samoans are the only residents of a U.S. territory that do not even have American citizenship, yet alone voting rights. They are instead "American Nationals."

To-do:
Write the bill
Finish the paper
Make and practice the final presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment