We have a report due (3-5 pages) by December 19th, so I worked on that today. It's supposed to be more reflective than stuffed with information so I have to do introspection, as Mr. Simmons would say. I'm going to do a little drafting/outline thing here. Also reminder: I can't ask questions in this paper.
What I learned: the election process has many steps and is complicated, and each stage has flaws that experts have detailed. Reforms will have to be enacted in different ways (some will need to be passed on a state by state basis, some need to be passed nationally at once). In addition, numerous reforms have been proposed, but each one needs to be analyzed for practicality and effectiveness (should probably name some of the most effective reform ideas at some point). Also, I had to come up with a list of goals for this project (state goals). I can also analyze some of the obstacles here.
This is mostly reflection so a large part of the paper will be about my motivations for choosing this topic and what I hope to achieve with it. I can use some stuff from my thesis presentation for that.
List of things to put in the paper: initial ideas, motivations, suggested reforms, obstacles, how far I've gotten, what I have left to do, goals.
Also added more things to the pro and con file.
No comments:
Post a Comment