Friday, November 21, 2014

Organizing!

Today I looked through my old blog posts for analyses and began to compile my pros and cons list. It's going to be hard because what some analysts see as a pro is seen as a con by others.

Some of the primary reforms that have been suggested are good ideas theoretically but don't work out very well practically. For example, having the small states go first to build up media coverage (Delaware plan) sounds great until you realize they're all spread out geographically, causing trouble when it comes to the actual movement and cost of campaigning.

Finally found the original report concerning the suggested reforms. It details some of the issues (Iowa and New Hampshire going first, frontloading, etc.) and then analyzes the reforms pretty well. The issue I am facing right now is that I can't find a con for the modified regional rotating lottery system. Well actually I guess that's great for the reform but it makes it look kind of biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment