Friday, January 23, 2015

Correa Pep Talks, Judge Hunt, Product

Mr. Correa gave us some advice, scheduling stuff, and a pep talk until 11:52 am today.
The final presentation schedule (they're all in April), rank (mine went up!), and presentation grades (94) came out today.
The presentation will be 15-25 minutes and the judges will be given our product and blog.
This report from the Census details voter turnout in 2008, which was at all time high before dropping exponentially later in 2012.

To-do list (this is long because we had less class time today):
Begin the product paper
Look at using a brochure or a website for part of the product
Post in the TAG group on Facebook to look for former campaign volunteers
Schedule the presentation with one of my judges (1/2 done)
Watch the other saved TED talk that I have
Give the family pics that Correa needs for banquet (5/6 done)
Research other organizations that campaign for reform that I can mention (1/2 done)
I might want to even start getting together a basic idea for my PowerPoint final presentation (decided to start the paper first)
Ask my mentor about her opinion on same day registration (will email her with judge updates)

Sunday update: In addition to working on the to do list I was given a suggestion that would help me with the finance part of my thesis (site link here). Also I have some judge leads to chase down, thanks to the TAG Facebook page. Also pictures of me from freshman year are scarce (probably because I always ran away from cameras) so I haven't found the last photo to send to Mr. Correa yet.
Monday update: The TED talk skillfully explains how much money influences who gets to run in the general election, and thus the outcome. It makes a strong case for cleaner campaign funding. It references the fair elections now act, the American anti-corruption act, and the grassroots democracy act.

No comments:

Post a Comment