I am thinking about how to format the timeline. A paper would probably not be efficient; I want to investigate every stage of the election, look at proposed improvements, and then study the pros and cons of each improvement as well as their constitutionality. I feel like a Prezi, from what I've seen of them, might be okay, provided I manage to counteract the amount of text there will be. So today I will look at how it works.
How the caucuses work
(Notes: Iowa holds its caucus first, 19 states hold caucuses, the opinion seems to be that the voter turnout is not high except in Iowa, most Republican caucuses are winner-take-all, Democrats assign delegates based on the percent of the vote each there is this thing called a mixed-caucus system, after the caucus there is usually another stage before the delegates are sent to the national convention)
Overall thought: A lot of the election system seems to be this tug-of-war between wanting voters' input but trying to avoid "tyranny of the majority" or results influenced by the uneducated masses.
That makes the overall question how do we make sure the presidential candidates and the choice of the president reflect the will of the people while avoiding the election of someone who looks good but is ineffective.
I did a freak out about college apps, just because the recommendation process is becoming a hurdle. I have all the paperwork filled out but I couldn't print it all out multiple times to give to recommenders so I emailed them, which I hope is okay.
I am also looking at ways people have tried to reform caucus procedures, like Count My Vote in Utah.
Update: Still freaking about college and scholarship apps. There's just a lot of paperwork and due dates and it's kind of overwhelming. I'll figure it out, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment