Wednesday, December 10, 2014

We're really graduating

We spent longer than was necessary filling out the graduation payment forms because of several technical issues.

I'm working on a file that lists the things I want to put in my final class presentation. I also emailed my mentor about thesis judges.

Reading this paper. Notes:
The paper begins by discussing some of the benefits of the electoral college/ why it would be difficult to get it changed. The College favors the smaller states, and getting a law that changes it to pass in those states is difficult. The contingency procedure for selecting the president if the electoral college is a tie is also discussed (that procedure is unpopular but has as of yet never been used). The authors are concerned about the possibility of a Lame Duck congress electing the president.

Also read more Alternate Vote (also Instant runoff voting):
It is used in many places all over the world for gubernatorial elections, mayor elections, and in Ireland and Australia for national elections. I have to find out what some cons of it are, because it is also used in the US for lower level elections.

Then Mr. Correa distracted us with videos for the rest of the period...

No comments:

Post a Comment